Friday 16 March 2012

Blogging Apps

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with the apps available on the iPhone for blogging.  I wanted to set up my blog on my phone and use my phone as the primay blogging tool.  Blogging for me needs to be convenient and current.  I'll blog on the go and this means I need to do this using my phone.  Needless to say, I am now writing this from my laptop given the fact after I wrote this whole post, Blogger threw me out and did not save my post as a draft.

So, when I counselled the vote on blogging apps, Tumblr, Wordpress and Blogger were recommended.  I use Instagram, so decided against Tumblr.  When I looked into using Wordpress, it was akin to Escaping *into* Alcatraz.  This is not an app, it is the website disguised into an app.  Admittedly, I did not get to the post stage as it was far from intuitive.  So this left Blogger.

I attempted to create an account 3 times.  It was 3rd time lucky as it did not seem to recognise me the 1st two times.  I did just about resist the urge to shout at my phone "Do you not know who I am?!"  So with perseverance in tact, I eventually managed to register.

I am however disappointed that the same level of functionality is not available on the iPhone that is on the web.  I was not able to upload a profile photo using the app or insert a link.  In addition, having just run spellcheck, it is highlighting the name of this tool as incorrect.  No, Google, Blogger is not "logger!"  Nor is Google "goggle!"

Surely, I am not asking too much am I for apps to be intuitive, easy to use with the same phone and web functionality!

As a newbee blogger, I'm already finding too many hurdles!
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?!
Looking forward to your comments!
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.